Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Puppies!! Puppies!! Puppies!!

Our Sadie dog finally gave burth to 5 beautiful puppies Sept. 10th. They are so cute!! It was such an amazing thing to watch. The kids enjoyed it to and were so excited the puppies finally came. I think they were beginning to think I was full of it telling them Sadie was going to have babies.
I dcided to go to th gym the day they were due. Silly me!! Everying said they would come the exact day they were due. Luckily Clancy got an early lunch that day and came home to find she was birthing them on the couch! YUCK! So, he moved her to the box and frantically called me to get home right away! He saw two more be born and we thought she was done. The vet predicted she only had 3. Surprise about 15 min later she had 2 more.
All was well until I thought she was rejecting one of her babies. Well, she was just trying to move them first to my bed and then to the couch. I wish I would have gotten a video of it, but she woudl pick them up one by one and jump onto the couch with them. Puppies screaming the whole time. It was a long couple nights for all of us. Now she is happy keeping them in the kennel after some stearness from me. I was not about to let her raise these babies on the couch!!
Now if I could just keep the kids from getting in the cage all the time we would be doing really good. Bailey is such a little mama. I found the puppies wrapped in a blanket, in her baby high chair and in her arms getting patted, rocked and lots of tlc. Sadie will actually let Bailey watch over her babies for her!!When Cam gets near it is a totally different story!


Watching all the action
You can still see the cord on the black/wet one
Did not take them long to figure out how to nurse


0 comments: